Date(s) - 09/13/2014
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Christian Brothers University
Category(ies) No Categories
WHAT: Workshop returning FIRST LEGO League teams
WHO: Teachers, parents, and mentors of grades 4th through 8th with active teams. Science and Mathematics teachers wanting to challenge FLL and robot club students.
WHEN: September 13, 2014 from 9:00 am to 12:00 PM
WHERE: Christian Brothers University – Nolan Engineering Building ‐ Second Floor Rooms N236, N237, and N241
PARKING: Central Lot ‐ FREE PARKING
COST: There is no charge for this workshop, but space is limited to. Registration is required.
Basic Line Following:
- Write a basic line following program.
- How to get rid of the back and forth wobble.
- It would be great if when it is on the line, it moved faster! How do we do that?
Advanced Line Following:
- How the robot is like a PID Controller. (Proportional, Integral, Differential)
- Simplified concepts to allow you to move faster and score more points!
- PID Controllers involve trial and error. Each team will try different parameters.
- Results will be recorded and compared.
SPACE IS LIMITED and slots will go to those who register first. The remainder will be put on a waiting list
and notified if slots become available. Each coach and team member must register.
MUST REGISTER BEFORE SEPTEMBER 12, 2014 by 5:00pm
- Christian Brothers University, Engineering Department
- University of Memphis, Herff College of Engineering
- Tennessee Society of Professional Engineers
Bookings are closed for this event.