The West TN Championship and the local FLL teams do NOT function without volunteers. To find out how you can help, watch the presentation below and find out how you can help. If you have any questions about volunteering for FLL in the West TN Region please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com
First Lego League Local Opportunities:
Team mentors support team learning and success throughout an entire season. This is probably the most rewarding volunteer duty, but it’s also a big commitment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you find a team in your area to help.
West TN FLL Championship volunteers can be nontechnical support and technical (judges and referees). Nontechnical volunteers are asked to volunteer for two hours or longer. Technical volunteers sign up for the entire day, but you get breaks! A full list of volunteer rolls and job descriptions are available by following This Link but below is a list of key volunteers:
- Nontechnical (shifts of two hours or longer)
- Registration/Information Desk – Help check in volunteers and and teams as well as act as an information desk throughout the competition
- Queuing (People Movers!) – find wayward teams that are not where they are supposed to be and act as crowd control
- Team Practice Area – supervise the practice fields (make sure teams leave the practice field as they found it and to ensure teams practice gracious professionalism and give other teams a chance on the practice fields.
- Technical (Full tournament shift of 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Research Project Judge* – Evaluate a 5 minute project presentation with Q & A
- Teamwork/Core Values Judge* – Evaluate teamwork skills with Q & A
- Robot Technical Judge* – Evaluate a team’s robot in a 15-minute Q & A
- Referee+ – Willing to learn FLL robot game scoring
[* – training provided by US First via videos]
[+ – must be fully actuated with the robot rules and scoring, West TN FLL will have a referee’s meeting before the event to complete training]
To sign up as an event volunteer, please go to the Volunteer Information and Matching System and click on the “Create FIRST Account”. After you have created an account, click on “Volunteer Role Applications” in the menu and the left hand side and click on the “Apply for an Event” button. Select FLL and TENNESSEE and click on the “Find Event” Button. Select the “West Tennessee Championship” then pick the roles you are interested in.